1. Never trust ANYTHING that happens off camera.
This might seem to be a silly rule, especially in the world like Game of Thrones where, things like the Blackfish taking over Riverrun NEED to happen off camera for the show to progress. But here we got some interesting twists. First, in last week's episodes, it seems like the leap from Margeary struggling against the faith to new bright eyed bushy tailed believer seemed like a large leap, and this week we realize she is playing the game and knows where she comes from when she hands Lady Olenna a drawing of a Rose and decides to show her true self in her eyes if only for a moment. Also, I guess, the Hound and Benjen are alive, no big deal. But the Hound is angry - hopefully he isn't coming for me leaving him off the top ten fighters of GoT!
By the way, one other thing I no longer trust - people bragging about how fierce their warriors are. Every house seems to think they fight with the strength of 10 men and are the greatest warriors in the land.
2. Jaime needs to follow Tyrion's lead.
It is amazing how much a character has changed from one season to the next. When introduced, by the end of season one I HATED Jaime Lannister. I would have easily referred to him as the Kingslayer. But as we learn, he actually is quite principled, and his season 1 offer to fight Robb Stark to end the war wasn't all bravado - he actually cares about saving the lives of innocents, a rare commodity in Westeros these days. So after being in the Kingsgaurd for, frankly, a handful of awful kings, he is off to siege a castle of someone he probably respects. He offers peace, hoping to save the lives of "hundreds." He really doesn't seem too keen on the whole idea - why not jsut hatch a plan with the blackfish, kill all the Freys and ride North to help the Starks? It wont happen, but next week looks like we'll be getting a big siege!
3. Arya is in the fight of her life
I was quite skeptical of Arya's allegiance to the House of the Faceless men all along - and was glad to finally see her split. She has the ninja training she needs, time to sail for Westros. Except that jealous BITCH waif from blind stick fighting class shows up and ruins her plans. I think Arya is going to miss her ship, but the Waif wont be having that smug look on her face for much longer. Speaking of Arya's big scene, I can't help but think the line "The Iron Born are in slaver's bay." couldn't just be a throwaway line. Could Arya be reunited with Theon and hitch a ride back to Westeros with the Mother of Dragons?
4. Iron Born are biters
So as I'd hoped, Theon and Yara sail for Mereen to steal their Uncle's idea. I honestly don't know what Uncle traitor thinks he is going to do. It seems they sailed off with a TON of ships. I can't imagine that he can build enough ships in time to do anything other than maybe have a big battle at sea. I wonder how their ships will fair against dragons... Yahoo to Yara for snapping Theon out of that funk - he seemed like he came into his own at the Kings moot, but he still has a little Ramsey PTSD.
5. The North Remembers but...
Army Recruiting is not going well - and something I thought was telegraphed from Sansa's big scene with Baelish, it appears his loyalty to her will be tested. She wrote a scroll to be raven'd off somewhere, and one can't help it is for Baelish and the knights of the Vale.
Speaking of the North - what racists! Wildlings were just born on the wrong side of the Wall! It's almost like George RR was trying to make these an allegory for something... oh well, maybe I'm over thinking it.
More Questions than Answers:
1. Will the Knights of the Vale show up in time to support Jon, or will the show try and act like Jon is going to lose and then they ride in at the last moment? And can we please see Wun Wun eat Ramsey like a corn on the cobb?
2.No update from Bran - it is always hard to understand the timing of travel in this show. It seems like it took Bran and Company an entire season to get from the Wall to the tree of the 3-eyed Raven. But Jon caught up to them quickly, and now Bran has a horse, so perhaps his trip south should reach the wall before season's end - now it just depends on when they show us.
3. Shouldn't Jon be telling all the Northerners - "Oh, even if you hate me, please send all your Valyrian Steel and Dragons Glass north to the Wall so we don't all die? Thanks."?
4. I asked if the Lord of Light good - well the Brotherhood without Banners fights for him, and murders those poor peaceful people the Hound is hanging out with. Hmm, maybe George RR is purposely not having a "good" religion for a reason? ALLEGORIES!
5. How bad is sweet Tommen's death going tobe? I know Cersie needs to see it, so he will perish before her. This is the second wise leader of a proud House advising her to flee King's Landing- imagine how different the show would have been had she taken her children and run? Speaking of that - where is Robert's bastard, last seen paddling south for King's Landing? We sure spent alot of time for him to just disappear and not matter.
6. Why isn't Sansa trusting Jon with this Baelish nonsense?
GoT Warrior Power Rankings
1. Jon Snow: He marches on Winterfell with about 2300 men. Lets hoe the Vale has a large contingent.
2. Brienne of Tarth: It appears she will be reuniting with Jaime next week - let's hope it isn't to kill him.
3. Tormund Giantsbane: He rallied the troops, but only 2000 of them.
4. Daario Naharis: DNP, Coaches decision. Whats that big bag on the roof that Tyrion is looking at next week. Could it be the return of the Queen?
5. The Mountain: Menacing as usual, it looks like next week we are finally going to see him in action. He needs a tune up fight for the Clegane Bowl.
6. Ser Bronn of the Blackwater: He's back and quipful as ever!
7. The Blackfish: Good news hearing that while taking that piss, the Blackfish DID survive the Red Wedding. He has taken back Riverrun and
8. The Hound: He is back, and he has an ax, and he is pissed. I am not sure where he is headed, but if it for the faith of Kings Landing, here comes the Clegane Bowl.
9. Yara Greyjoy: It has been hard to get much fluctuations in the power rankings this season, but I am throwing Yara into the mix for checking Theon, heading for Mereen and for her appreciation of a good ass.
10. The Waif: Ok, I am adding her for getting first blood, but her ass appears to be grass once Arya comes out from hiding in the shadows. I wonder if this is some weird Faceless men "final test" thing. Probably not, but I can't see the death of another Stark - unless it's like Rickon, or Benjen or something. Hopefully next week we can take her off the list.
Retired: Wun Wun: "Snow!" Give him a line every episode. I figure We can go ahead and retire Benjen Stark as well, since he is like half undead White Walker or something.
Jaime: A Lannister always..."
Bronn: "Don't say it - Don't fucking say it."
Bronn: "Good thing we're friends, or we'd be fucking you in the ass right now."
Yara: "Now, since it's my last night on shore for awhile, I'm gonna go fuck the tits off this one."
Tormund: "The crows killed him because he spoke for the free folk when no other southerner would. He died for us. If we aren't willing to do the same for him, we're cowards."
Tormund: "Were not clever like you southerners. When we say we'll do something, we do it."
Lady Olenna: "I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met."
Lady Olenna: "You've lost Cerise. It's the only joy I can find in all this misery."