Sunday, March 1, 2009

Final Spring thoughts

Well, its good to be home. I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, but that's another story.

I've got the GMAT this week, so I wont have any other time to post.

But from my observations of the Giants first few spring training games:

Pablo Sandoval and Travis Ishikawa look ready to take the 1b and 3b jobs. If both turn into solid hitters and reliable fielders, it could be the key to the Giants 2009 season.

Kevin Frandsen looks ready to take the 2b job, but Burress isn't far behind. I think Franny edges out Burress, with Burress going to AAA to start and continue to develop.

I think the team views Velez as more of an outfielder, and he seems to have the arm to play out there.

The pitching looks strong, perhaps stronger than last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment