Saturday, January 24, 2009

My President is making moves

I am so inspired to see a President in the white house that wants to bring politics into the Internet age. I hope they let him keep the blackberry and get a laptop for the oval office.

I can't say how frustrated I am that it takes government agencies so long to do anything paperwork related. In my company, we can open and process a claim in an hour. Try filing a claim with the Post Office after a mail truck hits your parked car. Or try waiting 30 days for a police report from Oakland, despite the fact officers drive around with cars with computers inside.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/01/23/MN8515FTEA.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1

I have not been inspired by politics ever. As a kid I like Clinton, but it was more because he had so much swagger, and things were going well when he was around. But Barack is progressive. and I hate to use that word for obvious reasons, but it's a quality I look for in people, and especially LEADERS.

And my progressive, I mean he has his plans on the Internet, by keeping the public informed. He sees what is going on - TV and print are slowly dying, and the Internet is the future of communication. His entire agenda is laid out on whitehouse.gov - no secrets, nothing to hide.

There are still plenty of people out there that have their minds made up, and wont give him a chance. I can't wait to see what he has in store next for us - even though the doubters will probably be unhappy with any move he makes, I'll be watching with plenty of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment